How Much? Browse our hybrid battery selection to see makes, models, pricing and warranty information for every hybrid battery we carry.
Purchase any hybrid battery from our secure online store and schedule an installation at our shop near you.
Mobile Installation Available
Safety is an important concern when working with high voltage hybrid vehicle batteries. Let our qualified high voltage battery technology engineers handle the job for you. We are the Hybrid Battery Specialists offering mobile installation in many parts of the country.
- Wow, you folks are amazing! When confronted with the prospect of spending $3300 at the dealer to get my 2005 Prius back up and running, I immediately went to the Internet in search of options. Luckily I found GreenTec. I am in Lubbock, TX which is about 350 miles away from the closest GreenTec location in Dallas. I called the 800 number and spoke with Cindy and explained my situation. To my amazement she said she could have a technician drive to my house from Dallas to install my battery. At the time she said it could be done in about a week but would put me in touch with the Dallas location to arrange everything. I spoke with Rochell (sp?) there and she had someone at my house the very next day! I didn't get to meet him but my wife said he was wonderful and had the job done in 30 minutes. The car now runs like brand new and I couldn't be happier. The battery has a better warranty than the dealer was offering and my wallet is much happier. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly and helpful. Great company and I know they will stand by their work. Thanks!!!
- You guys are a life saver. I had to get a battery for my Prius when I was working in DC for a few weeks. You guys took care of me.. I was charged a reasonable price and the staff was quick and courteous. That's all I ever ask for. Thanks for doing such a great job. I have had no problems out of my batteries since. If you guys have a GreenTec Auto shirt or any cool stuff I would love to have it to show my support. You guys keep doing an awesome job with those great batteries. Have a great week.Adam Wingler
North Wilkesboro, NC
- Robert just left after replacing the battery in my 2006 Prius and I couldn't be happier! The whole process took just an hour or two. He arrived on time and went right to work in the most professional, efficient manner. As a bonus, I learned more about my car from Robert in an hour than I have from 10 years talking with other service technicians. I have another similar Prius and now have the peace of mind knowing that the good folks at green tech auto can efficiently and cost effectively deal with whatever high tech electrical or transmission problems they might develop down the road. SincerelyTom Leis
- I like everyone else was quoted a high price, lied to about several things or problems the battery was causing. All to get me to pay that high price. I am very impressed with the service I got from your company. I thought WOW a company that has Customer Service that cares about the customer! I talked with Cindy for a couple of weeks, she answered each and every question and explained them to me. The service tech Robert Skinner was very polite and professional, I was amazed he changed the battery so quickly. I am very happy I choose to have it installed so hassle free. It makes no sense a dealer can try to justify such a high labor fee. Thank You GreenTec I'm back on the road again.Lillian Wadley
- Just ordered a new IMA battery from Greentec because I was so OVER being beholden to Honda for more money with crappy warranties. The 4 year, unlimited mileage warranty is what sold me with Greentec (for contrast Honda's 3 yr/36,000 miles battery lasted me to 2 yrs 4 months & 41,000 miles--SO not worth another $3800 on an 11 year old car!) I ordered my battery from the DC office, the sales rep was personable, knowledgeable and they shipped it the next day. (in contrast to Honda ordering FROM JAPAN and taking 2 weeks and me having to give my VIN # so that that battery could only be installed in my car.) My dealer installed a week ago, and so far it's running great-- mileage is even slightly better than the previous battery. Cautiously optimistic that this was a wise decision. :)
- Daniel came to us in Atlanta from the Tampa location to replace the batteries in my fiancé's Prius. It was super easy to schedule and a very quick install! Looking forward to when they have an office here in Atlanta!
- This review is for the Green Tec Auto in Washington, DC. I had to replace a battery and they came out and replaced it, and my battery light came back on. I contacted them and they were happy to come out again and replace again. After that, the battery light came on again, so I called and they got some info and the owner Phil came out to check it out. It ended up being a bad ECU, not the battery, and he replaced that without charge. Everything has been good so far. He was very friendly and wanted to make sure the problem was resolved and make things right. Overall GREAT service!
- I used GreenTec Auto's mobile installation service to install a refurbished battery with 18 month warranty into my 2008 Prius. Service, both at my home and on the phone, was impeccable. I cannot recommend highly enough.
- After purchasing a used Prius in October of 2014 I have had the battery fail. Since I spent a great deal on the purchase of my car I wasn't ready have a major repair. Buying used was my first issue but thank goodness for Greentec Auto. After getting quotes on replacements I came across this mostly nationwide hybrid repair shop. I showed up half an hour before the shop opened and left with a fully replaced battery 40 minutes after the shop opened. They have warranties on their products and the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. If I have to go back I will but my fingers are crossed I won't need anymore repairs.
- Absolutely the best car service that I got, gas or hybrid! Dave, the service man was polite, professional and very knowledgeable of his product and services. He came to my house to exchange the hybrid battery in my '07 Prius for less than half the cost the dealer wanted and a fourth of the time the dealer quoted. I am not typically a fan of this review writing, but I had to in this case, Dave and the guys saved me over 2000 dollars! Thanks, and I am adding them to my Angie's List!Michael Jones
Wesley Chapel, FL
- I'm here to testify that GreenTec Auto is a real legitimate Hybrid Battery business. They are caring, capable, reliable, and quick to resolve your Hybrid battery issues. Back in the summer of 2013 the HV battery in my 2001 Prius failed with 115K. In short order an installer came right to my house and swapped out the HV Battery. At the time the battery had an 18mo. (6 mo. beyond Dealer) warranty on it. Just recently I noticed the warranty had changed to 2yrs. from 18 mo. for the same battery. I requested an extension due to being near the end of 18mo. warranty. GreenTec Auto kindly granted the extension to 2 years. Then oddly enough this HV Battery just started failing. Daniel quickly put my stress to rest by expeditiously ordering the warranty battery replacement and having John the installer come over and swap the batteries out in less than 2hrs. at no charge! Bottom line: GreenTec Auto is awesome and they will take good care of you at well below dealer costs.David Scharme
- After nearly having a heart attack at the surprise and sticker shock of what the dealer wanted to charge for a replacement battery for my 2005 Prius, I began looking into options. I called late on a Saturday and Daniel put my mind at ease, I had follow up conversations with Rachelle and quickly scheduled an appointment. Aaron arrived at my home early and was ready to swap it out. All in all 30 min for the mobile install as opposed to the 4 hrs from the dealer at 50% of the cost with a better warranty hard to beat. Excited to have my Prius rolling again. Thanks!Keith Harvey
- I purchased the 8.0 Amp upgraded battery for my 2003 Civic Hybrid to replace the second OEM battery. I was considering replacing it myself but decided to get a Green Tec technician to install it. Robert from the Lafayette, LA shop did the install at my house in less than an hour. He was very courteous and knowledgeable. Car has a lot more pickup and seems to be smoother operating than before. No more IMA or Check Engine light. Also, I didn't have to ship the old one back. I would recommend letting the techs do the work.James K. McHan
- Dear Toni,
Just a quick note to thank you for your attention to our needs and exemplary customer service when my son needed a remanufactured hybrid battery for his Prius. Given the age of the car, yours was the perfect solution, and your ability to answer all questions and make the necessary production and shipping arrangements were most helpful. I won't hesitate to recommend GreenTec when other hybrid owners ask about rebuilt batteries.
Thank you again and have a great summer.Mark Woodward
Thank you and GreenTec for your outstanding service. The technician-Phil?-was extremely conscientious, polite and so efficient he left before I could give him a cash tip. The car appears to be running well-although only completed a few hours ago. The interior is so clean, you would never know the seat back had been removed.
While the replacement is not cheap-Greentec was half the cost of the local Honda service group and performed the exchange of batteries at my home. Thank you again for outstanding and upstanding service. Sincerely yours,Dave Marcello
West Hartford, CT
- If you are reading this then you are much like i was, worried that this GreenTec Auto is some sort of shady fly by night operation. Let me put your fears at ease. This is legit. After some deliberation and many phone calls i finally decided to commit to using GreenTec to replace my Prius Battery. First, let me point out to you the massive savings that you get by using GreenTec and not going to the dealer. Second, my tech came out to my house and replaced it in my driveway, something a big time car dealer would never do. They drove down from KC Mo to Republic Mo, yes they did charge me but worth every penny. They were on time and called to give you the " I am an hour out" updates. I had the coolest and most knowledgeable tech install my battery. Can't remember his name but he was a former Marine helicopter mechanic and he answered all my questions and then some. I must say, this kid is what really sold me on the company. He is the perfect face for the company. He was like a friendly machine, his system for unscrewing and putting the screws and bolts in containers was something you develop from doing something many, many times. He also could answer any question you have about batteries and the car. He rebuilds them, he studies them, and he knows his stuff. 45 minutes later my car is running he does a test drive, resets the system and then chats for a few more minutes with me and is gone. By far the best service i have ever had dealing with a car repair. I recommend him, the company, and if I could I would by stock. I will use them any time i can.Robert Huffman
- I am a happy customer after 2002 Prius battery replaced. Keep up with the good works and thank you all.Charles C
- After talking to a Honda dealer and found out how expensive their hybrid battery was, I almost thought about buying a different car. First I didn't know that your company offered installation so I checked with the dealer if they will do the installation. The dealer, of course, quickly said that your batteries were not Honda certified. When I read many of the testimonies of how happy your customers were and after doing some of the research myself on line, I decided to purchase the battery and have you installed it for me. People who came was awesome and first tried to see if they can use the current battery as they found a loose wire. They spent many hours test driving the car. They never pushed me to do anything like the Honda dealers did. After they fixed the current battery for me, I finally decided to replace the battery as it was getting so old and my car was not performing well. After they installed the battery, it went from 39 mpg to 52 mpg. Your company is awesome and I'll recommend your company to anyone who needs to replace hybrid batteries. Thanks a lot for your help. Hope your company will be expand to help more people in the States.Azusa Johnson
- Brought my daughters 2001 Toyota Prius to GreenTec Auto at your Upper Marlboro location for a battery. Tim Razumousky was great!!! I really appreciate the service and personal time he took to ensure her car was in proper running condition. His knowledge of the hybrid was outstanding. I was very impressed that it took under 2 hours to complete the job, while other dealers had told me it was going to take 4 hours. It was well worth the 1 1/2 drive for us to bring the car to you. I would and will highly recommend anyone who is having trouble with their hybrid to contact you. It has been over a month now since you repaired her car, and my daughter is very excited that it is running smoothly. It is amazing that a battery can cause so many different things to not work properly. We are thankful that we now have someone dependable that we can count on to do her repairs if she ever needs further repair. Thank you again Tim R.Daniel Smith
Capon Bridge, WV
- I bought a replacement battery from GreenTec in Fall of 2012. Using GreenTec's video, I was able to replace it myself fairly easily. Unfortunately, by Summer of 2013, it was failing - unable to hold a charge - turning on warning lights - and sometimes shutting down. GreenTec honored my warranty - and then some ... This Fall, they personally delivered another battery to my house and replaced it for me. Over 500 miles on this battery and running fine.Dave Danenberg
What is a core charge?
If core deposit is charged, it will be refunded to you once we receive your old battery. All cores must be returned within 45 days for core deposit refund. In all other circumstances, your old battery will be picked up at the time of service.